The best is yet to come....

Voting

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Insomnia and Santa Claus

It is now 2:15 a.m. and I'm still not in dream land. Ottis, of course, must be chasing snowflakes in his dreams. He is running and whinning, at times almost barking. Amazingly, none of this is waking up the hubs who finished his second 14 hour day today. Hubs is working extra hard since school is out to get extra vacation for when out newest arrival, our "little man", makes his debut.

Speaking of our "little man" (I'm sure this is common for most mom's to be or mom's that are) you get a little sense of what their spirit is like. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, that my mom instincts have already kicked in, but I like to think that our "little man" is already with us, in our home, blessing our lives, and quitely telling Ottis that soon, very soon, food will be dropped on the floor everyday for everymeal. (Maybe that's what Ottis dreams about)

I believe our "little man" must be very excited to be coming here, seeing as he keeps trying to arrive early. I can feel the strain of my belly as he pushes his way around, already bored with what most undoubtly be a very redundant place to hang out. It seems that he already may have the same zest for life that his daddy has! I doubt my abilities to keep up with those two once time marches on and "little man" can move and grove outside of the safe haven of my belly.

For now, though it doesn't seem to matter how many times his daddy puts his hands on my belly and tells him to "be nice to his mother and just enjoy it in there" the little man wants out! He wants to see what everyone has told him about, wants to experience it right away! Let's face it though who can blame him? It is almost Christmas and Santa is coming........
Have you made your list and checked it twice? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment