The best is yet to come....

Voting

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Inside out onesies, anniversaries, and the hard stuff

As I changed "little man" this morning I realized something as I took him out of his PJ's. The hubs had put him in a onesie last night that was inside out and backwards! Thankfully, it was a larger size so "little man" was none the wiser. But this little act made the corners of my mouth turn up as I thought of my man that has been the hubs for the last five years. The hubs has been my rock, my stable ground, my safe place to fall for five years. For five years he has listened when I have cried, laughed when I smile, and thankfully keeps me from gettting too angry.
It's the little things (like inside out onesies) that keep us going. Because if "little man" is wearing an inside out onesie it means that the hubs was the one who carefully and lovingly put it on him, giving me a small break. I love those small breaks the way he takes out the trash because I hate to, he takes the car to fix the windshield, he changes the toliet paper, he even loads the dishes when I just can't do anymore. I love that I'm not the only one running this circus. I'm not alone on this journey.... Dallin's combat boots sit in the living room....he's here, he's home, he is safe.
Dallin and I are made of the hard stuff, our marriage has been built to be hard, to last, to be solid, to be each others rocks. I know it sounds cheesy (especially for it only being 5 yrs.) but our marriage has been tested, in ways that military families are, and we have made it to the other side. We know what it takes to keep each other going and to keep it together through good times and bad, through miles and years.....We will be here again, in a heartbeat, celebrating our 50th anniversary because we are, were, and will be made of the hard stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment